Events, ISO 9001 and integrating ISO 20121
RenewableUK achieved a significant milestone in 2023, with ISO 20121 certification for Event Sustainability Management. By integrating ISO 20121 into our ISO 9001 management system (QMS), we are recognising the importance of conducting our operations in a manner that aligns with the principles of environmental stewardship and social responsibility. By adopting ISO 20121, we strive to contribute to a more sustainable future while delivering exceptional experiences for our stakeholders and actively working towards creating events that produce a positive environmental and social impact.
We aim to work with suppliers and businesses who are aligned with our principles, from the early stages of development through to completion of every event. We always review our carbon footprint, ensuring we track our progress and action changes without delay. Our goal is to make our events as sustainable as possible and to reduce their environmental impact.
- Using venues that have high sustainability crudentials and meeet ISO or other high standards
- Regularly assessing our suppliers to guarantee we are using the most eco products and services
- Using a digital App for programme for all events
- Reducing print, using digital documents, and using SeaCourt (B Corp) local printers for any essential printing
- Using paper (recyclable), recycled or bamboo lanyards at our events
- Seperated rubbish bins around each venue, to include paper and plastic recycling
- Creating minimal waste from our exhibitions, removing the date from a lot of our printed items so they can be reused year on year
- Using paper and cardboard pop-up banners instead of PVC
- Remove glass and plastic water bottles and use jugs for water stations
- Using local and in season produce at our shows, with a mostly vegetarian menu
We ask that all of our delegates, speakers, sponsors and exhibitors consider the environmental impact of their involvement in our events.
For more information on ISO 20121 or RenewableUK's events please contact
Environmental, Sustainable, Governance (ESG)
RenewableUK is committed to prioritising Environmental, Sustainable, Governance (ESG) as an area of strategic focus for our work in 2023 and beyond. Such is our commitment, we have embedded an area of ESG for each team within RenewableUK to work on improvements within the association.
See below some of the commitments we are working towards:
- Lowering its carbon footprint throughout our daily work and in our events. In 2023, RenewableUK succesfully achieved ISO 202121 certification
- Commitment to a green investment portfolio
- Creating a policy on biodiversity & environmental impacts that guides our advocacy work
- The welfare of RenewableUK staff is of importance to the association and we have an internal Mental Health First Aid Team to supoort this
- Promote equity, gender and diversity within the organisation and across the sector
- Local Community engagement with two days per annum per staff member to volunteer and give back to the community
- Prioritising a sustainable supply chain
- Transparency of sector commitments
- Improving our internal business ethics
- Governance of the board and their wider representation of the sector
- RenewableUK’s strategy in facilitating a just transition to clean energy