Call for Papers
Introducing a fantastic opportunity for those working in offshore wind to join the debate and speak at our Cables 2020 conference. We are now accepting papers for presentation opportunties to build a programme not to be missed. To submit a paper on any of the submission topic parameters listed below, please complete the submission form using the link above.
* Why it is important and their experiences of what can go wrong without the appropriate surveys
* Latest developments in survey methodology and data collection
* Importance of qualitative geotechnical support prior construction
* Common challenges and lessons learnt.
Cable design, test and manufacture
* Why 66kV? An OEM's take
* HVDC vs HVAC technologies
* The challenges with dynamic cables. A floating perspective.
* What is the impact of turbine sizes > 10MW on Array Cable Design?
* Are there more cable innovations possible in the future or have we reached the best optimised design?
* How do we ensure lessons learned from earlier projects are implemented across the industry?
* Review of key drivers in the cable lay vessel sector
* Custom vessel vs. multi-role- the pros and cons
* Current and future trends
* Key future challenges.
* The rise of the cable repair framework
* New developments in terms of contracts and technologies
* The role of people: skillsets and mindsets.
* What is Best Practice?
* Lessons learned
* How can we share this information – do current methods work?
Deadline for submission
Extension: Friday 5 June 2020
Expected notification of submissions: Friday 12 June 2020. However, abstracts may be accepted on a rolling basis, and early notifications might be made where possible.