Friday 18 september 2020 | Royal Aeronautical Society (No. 4 Hamilton Place) | London
What is the event about
Join us for our second annual wind and aviation conference this April in London. Supported by senior and influential industry stakeholders and experts, our 2020 event aims build on the outcomes of the 2019 post-event report (download below) and action plan, to develop a strategic approach to progressing the co-existence of wind and aviation in light of the UK Government’s Net Zero policy.
Wind energy and aviation will be key in delivering the strategic objectives of the UK for a sustainable environment and economy, but delivery will require the development of a strategy and supporting work programme to ensure enduring solutions are achieved in a realistic timescale. Through three topic-led workshop sessions, that aim to progress critical issues raised from last year’s workshops, this event offers you the unique opportunity to join and maintain momentum in this conversation.
- Collaborative cross-industry discussions – Avaition based table-led workshops on radar & surveillance, lighting & marking and helicopter & drones operations.
- Partnership working – collegiate engagement between all participants, with multiple formats for industry to engage with key stakeholders including BEIS, Scottish Government, NATS, CAA, the MoD and European delegates.
- Dedicated networking – two days of 1-2-1s, working groups, table-led discussions, drink reception and business leaders’ dinner.
- Industry, stakeholder and policy updates – hear from key attendees on how future strategy and solutions can be holistically addressed, consistent with overall Government policy.
- Strategic post-event report – workshops will develop potential solutions with stakeholders, with expertise and perspectives captured in a next-steps summary report.
when & Where
THURSDAY 17 september 2020 | raf club
10.00-20.00 Stakeholder meetings (by invitation); followed Pitch and Brew session on latest innovations and industry updates and networking drinks reception.
FRIDAY 18 September 2020 | Royal Aeronautical Society
09.00-16.50 Welcome, table led discussions on Aviation radar and surveillance, lighting & marking and helicopter & drones operations.
Following the success of our Aviation event of 2019, two reports have been produced with collaborative input from senior and influential industry stakeholders and industry experts, These reports are listed below and are now free to download.
2019 Post-Event Report
Our 2019 post-event report captures outcomes and analysis from workshop discussions held in Birmingham. The report will be used to shape and guide the 2020 event, ensuring that we collectively drive progress and maintain momentum in finding collaborative solutions.DOWNLOAD
Renewables & Unmanned Aircraft Systems – Guidelines for Operations (RUGO, Issue 1)
(Out for peer review and will be marked as final from 17th February). These guidelines are to support renewable energy duty holders in the management, procurement and operations of unmanned aircraft systems in renewables.DOWNLOAD