Onshore Wind Energy 2018
Growing Industy, Powering the Future
27 November 2018 | EICC Edinburgh
2017 was a record breaking year for UK onshore wind; deployment was at an all time high and the technology generated 8.5% of the UK’s electricity. With 14GW in operation, onshore wind is delivering low cost power, creating jobs and attracting investment and export opportunities.
RenewableUK is bringing together delegates from across the industry to look at the future of low cost onshore wind. The event will explore how the industry is maximising existing onshore wind projects, as well as looking at the market for new projects.
UK Government Energy Minister Claire Perry sees onshore wind as “absolutely part of the future” and “an important part of the mix.” RenewableUK’s Onshore Wind Energy 2018 will be a critical event bringing together our industry to look at how we make this opportunity a reality.
- Learn from industry leaders and thinkers in the market from the opportunities and challenges in delivering low cost onshore projects
- Learn how owners are rethinking asset management, integrating new systems and technologies into their farms
- Hear from leading owners and get a picture of who’s who in wind ownership
- The opportunity to meet key players, learn about current progress, get insight into future trends and opportunities, and
- Fast track their learning on cost reduction and optimisation across our existing flee.
- Discuss how industry is looking at managing mature assets and how leading companies are thinking ahead to the end of life of schemes.
- Learn how new technologies like digitization, smarter data use, drones, and co-located storage can be adopted by owners to increase the performance and income of wind farm assets.
- Get the latest technical and policy updates on issues like planning, lighting, taller turbines, aviation and health and safety.
Onshore wind developers, asset owners, operators, consultants and O&M specialists. Those who want to break into the sector and understand theopportunities, government departments and regulators, and any all who wish to learn about the growing role of onshore wind in our electricity market.
Event Partners Stand Out! Join as an Event Partner and help design the event and scope its objectives. Contact Garth Halliday for more information.
Secure an exhibition stand to build your company’s profile as a leading player in the development of a next generation of onshore wind. You will gain excellent connections and exposure in this rapidly changing market. Contact Maf Smith for more information.
Watch this space! The event programme with featured speakers will be online shortly.