RenewableUK One-Day Seminar - Government's Energy Cost Review
Date: Thursday 19 October 2017
Time: 10.00 - 14.00
Cost: RenewableUK Members £195 + VAT Non-Members £295 + VAT
A Game Changing Moment for our Energy System?
This October, Professor Dieter Helm will publish his independent review into the energy system for Government.
The scope is broad – no less than to achieve the lowest costs in Europe through recommendations ranging across electricity generation, transmission, distribution and supply.
It comes however into an already crowded field with the Clean Growth Plan, the Industrial Strategy White Paper alongside BEIS and Ofgem’s future strategy for the transition to a smarter system.
This one-day seminar will ask whether this review signals a new direction for our energy system and what its impact could be upon the considerable reform already underway.
Participants will be able to:
- Understand the direction of the cost review
- How it supports/changes broader energy policy in the UK
- The risks and opportunities that the review presents for their sector
Who should attend:
- Senior decision-makers and policy makers across industry
- Policy-makers working across industry
- Those working in the third sector responsible for ensuring changes to the energy system benefit industry, consumers and local communities
If you are interested in sponsoring this event, please contact David Moyle for further details.
Image Credit: National Grid